You know we’re crazy about pumpkin seeds, making them the star ingredient in our Pumpkin Seed Bars. There’s no better time to roast your own pumpkin seeds than during pumpkin carving season. With limitless spice and flavor combinations, make pumpkin seeds your own with this simple recipe!
1 hour 30 minutes
Dependent on pumpkin size
- 1 large pumpkin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Carve open your pumpkin and scoop out the seeds, separating them from the pulp.
- Rinse seeds in colander with cold water. Shake dry, do not pat dry.
- Spread seeds in single layer on an oiled baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes to dry seeds.
- Remove from oven and toss with olive oil. Add your own seasonings, separating seeds to make different flavors if desired. We seasoned three batches- turmeric and black pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg and pink Himalayan sea salt.
- Return to oven for 20 minutes. Remove and enjoy!