Chia Bar Super Snack FAQs
- What is a Health Warrior Chia Bar super snack? What makes them so powerful?
Health Warrior Chia Bar super snacks are the first and only bar with the world’s most powerful superfood—chia seeds—as the main ingredient.
Don’t be surprised if the fiber, protein, omega-3’s, and minerals in chia have you running faster, lifting heavier, or generally powering you through your day like never before. Plus, these nearly indestructible bars are extra filling (chia swells up to ten times it’s size as you digest it) allowing you to bridge those gaps between meals with natural energy and fewer calories than other snacks. So grab one, find your Warrior, and Win Today.
- When should I eat Chia Bar super snacks?
Health Warrior Chia Bar super snacks are, well, snacks. At 100 calories they are the perfect bridge between meals or as a bite just before a workout when you need a boost but don’t want a 200+ calorie bar that will sit like a brick in your stomach and set you up for a sugar crash as soon as you get on the treadmill.
- Should I eat or drink anything with a Chia Bar super snack?
Chia seeds are hydrophilic; they absorb more than ten times their weight in water, and act like tiny camels in your body, keeping you hydrated, satiated, and energized. So if possible, pair a Chia Bar snack with water.
- How many Chia Bar super snacks can I eat a day?
Eat more than four or five and you might end up running through a wall, but hey, that’d be OK, chia seeds give you strong bones & muscles to show that wall who’s boss. But really, the recommended intake of chia seeds is two to four tablespoons a day, so you can eat about six bars in a day.
- Are there any allergens in Chia Bar super snacks?
Yes. All flavors except for Chocolate Peanut Butter contain some or all of the following tree nuts: coconut, cashews, and almonds.
The Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Bar super snack contains peanuts.
- Are Chia Bar super snacks gluten-free? Soy free? Natural? Vegan? Kosher?
Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes. Health Warrior Chia Bar super snacks are gluten, soy, and dairy free. They are 100% natural and 100% vegan.
In fact, Health Warrior Chia Bar snacks are certified gluten-free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization.
And they are Kosher certified by the Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations of America.
- Are Chia Bar super snacks non-GMO?
Yes. Health Warrior Chia Bar super snacks are certified non-GMO by the Non-GMO Project.
According to the Non-GMO Project, “GMOs ‘genetically modified organisms,’ are plants or animals created through the gene splicing techniques of biotechnology (also called genetic engineering).” No splicing or engineering of any kind has been performed on the ingredients in Health Warrior Chia Bar snacks.
- Are Chia Bar super snacks low in sugar?
Yes. There are 5g of sugar or less in Chia Bar snacks, depending on the flavor.
This is something we are particularly proud of at Health Warrior. Whereas most energy and nutrition bars are actually candy bars masquerading as “healthy” with sugar or some form of sweetener as the main ingredient, Health Warrior Chia Bar super snacks feature the powerful superfood—chia seeds—as the main ingredient.
The sugar we do use to provide flavor is not refined; Health Warrior Chia Bar snacks feature organic brown rice syrup and organic agave syrup.
- How many calories are in a Chia Bar super snack?
All flavors except Coconut have 100 calories. Health Warrior Coconut Chia Bar super snacks have 110 calories. We joke that it’s our decadent bar.
- What is the glycemic load of a Chia Bar super snack?
Health Warrior Chia Bar super snacks have a glycemic load of one.
The glycemic load of food is a number that estimates how much the food will raise a person’s blood sugar level after eating it. A load of 1-10 is low, 11-19 medium, and 20 or greater is considered high. Studies have shown that sustained spikes in blood sugar and insulin levels may lead to increased risk of diabetes.
- Where are Chia Bar super snacks made?
Health Warrior Chia Bar super snacks are made in the USA.
- Where can I buy Health Warrior Chia Bar super snacks?
- How do I get Chia Bar super snacks on my local store shelf?
Thanks for asking. If your favorite grocery store or supermarket does not carry Health Warrior, please bring them this helpful note to spread the word about chia!
- Are there variety packs of Chia Bar snacks available?
We do not offer variety packs of Chia Bar super snacks, but are working towards this option in the future.
- How much caffeine is in a Chia Bar super snack?
There is approx. 11mg caffeine in each Health Warrior Coffee Chia Bar super snack. The caffeine comes from the coffee blend that gives the bar its flavor.
- One Health Warrior Coffee Chia Bar super snack = 11mg caffeine
- One 12 oz. can of soda = 35mg caffeine
- One 12 oz. can of diet soda = 47mg caffeine
- One 16 oz. bottle of iced tea = 62mg caffeine
- One 8 oz. cup of coffee = 95mg caffeine
There is no caffeine in any other flavors of Health Warrior Chia Bar super snacks.